Masonic District C - Hamilton, Ontario
Home
About Freemasonry
District Leadership Team
Our DDGM
Past DDGM
Our History
Trestleboard
Recent Events
Upcoming Degrees
Photo Gallery
District Lodges
District Newsletter
District Lodge Halls
District Associations
Masonic Foundation
Masonic Board of Relief
MasoniCHIP Program
Blood Donor Information
Obituaries
Masonic Education
Raymond Daniels Legacy
Links
Upgrade Your GPS
Contact Us
GLCPOO Approved #03D14


Valley Lodge No. 100


Background

To mark the 150th Anniversary of Valley Lodge A.F.& A.M. No. 100 GRC, the Lodge put together a comprehensive history booklet. Following are a few brief excerpts from the booklet.

The complete booklet is available from the Lodge for $5.

The formation of Valley Lodge No. 100 was authorized in a Dispensation dated April 24, 1858. It was signed by M.W. Bro. William Mercer Wilson, Grand Master, Grand Lodge of Canada, as well as the D.D.G.M. and the Grand Secretary. The original document still hangs in the library of the Dundas Masonic Temple.

Under the original Dispensation, the first meeting was held on May 5, 1858. At the time, the population of Dundas was 2,710 and the average annual income was around $200. The initiation fee was $25 and dues, (which were paid quarterly), were 37½ cents for each regular Lodge night.

The Lodge was originally numbered 55 on the GRC, but that was changed in 1859 to No. 100 when all Lodges in the jurisdiction were renumbered.

The original meeting place was across the street from the present location on the south-west corner of King and Main Streets, where the Dundas Police Station now stands. In 1875 the Lodge moved across the street into its present location, and in 1945 the Lodge purchased the building for $10,000, thanks to the generous contributions of members who pitched in financially to buy the building and renovate it.

Between 1874-1881 the Lodge shared its premises with Hiram Lodge No. 317, but in 1881, the two Lodges amalgamated.

It’s also interesting to note that Valley Lodge was not the first Masonic Lodge in Dundas. Between 1810 and 1824 a lodge known as Union Lodge No. 24 met in Dundas, Ancaster and West Flamboro. Its meetings were usually held in private residences of members, and moved from place to place.

Over the past 150 years, Valley Lodge has held 1,489 regular meetings and initiated 1,314 members. The Lodge has had two William Mercer Wilson Award recipients and one member who was Knighted. It has produced 33 Grand Lodge officers, and awarded 77 50-year pins, 15 60-year pins, and one 75-year pin.



Officers of the Lodge

  W. Bro. Colin Pfeiffer
Worshipful Master
Phone: 905-627-6930
  W. Bro. Lance R. Mullett
Immediate Past Master
  W. Bro. Eric McNair
Secretary
Phone: 519-647-2000
 
  R.W. Bro. Geoffrey S. Allan
Senior Warden
  Bro. Jordan Young
Junior Warden
  Bro. Jeff Maltby
Senior Deacon
  Bro. James Brown
Junior Deacon
  Bro. Philip West
Senior Steward
  Bro. Kevin Grey
Junior Steward
  Bro. Kevin Brown
Inner Guard
  W. Bro. Ian Blackley
Tyler
  Bro. David Watkinson
Chaplain
  W. Bro. John MacKay
Director of Ceremonies
  W. Bro. Scott Lehane
Treasurer
  Bro. Donald Chappel, WMWM
Organist
  Bro. Stephen Bateman
Historian
 

Location
Valley Lodge No. 100
3 Main Street Dundas, Ontario
phone: 519-647-2000


Past Masters of the Lodge

Name Year
R.W. Bro. Craig L. Knapman 2016-2017
R.W.Bro. William R. Millar 2003
R.W.Bro. Roy C. Gregory 1989
R.W. Bro. Albert T. Ayer 1975


© 2017 Copyright Hamilton Masonic District C