Click below for the current issue of the District 'C'hronicle. If you know of any brethren who are unable to receive the newsletter in this digital format,
please take the time to print a copy for them as well.
Please note, that this newsletter is our newsletter for the district, and all brethren are welcome to make submissions to it. Please direct submissions
by clicking to email R.W. Bro. Glen Notman.
• Apr, 2021 - Edition No. 152 (pdf) DDGM message re significance of faith, hope and charity. G.M. outlined the process for electing G.L. Officers, this year. D.G.M. reported on the changes in in voting for constitutional amendments this year and next. W. Bro. Bill Paul outlined the G.M.'s latest web presentation. The significance of the altar and its arrangements is included. There is an article on the mason's duty to society and one on the ancient meaning of the word enthusiast. As well as one on the origins of Easter.
• Mar, 2021 - Edition No. 151 (pdf) Message from our DDGM re. how we should investigate whether our lodges should go dark, amalgamate or revitalize in a healthy directions which does not necessarily mean an increase in membership. From the G.M. on how re have recovered from past crises. The D.G.M. has outlined the voting procedures for amendments at this this year's virtual G.L. communication. Information from around the district and an article on protocol and etiquette as well as one on the. use of swords in lodge. An article on the meaning of charity towards others. And a piece on the need for dedicated email addresses for lodges.
• Feb, 2021 - Edition No. 150 (pdf) Message from our D.D.G.M. on synchronicity.
The G.M. description of events.
Etiquette for introducing visitors.
Masonic education on the word dilate.
Discussion on labour as self-improvement.
Lecture on the rough and perfect ashlar.
• Jan, 2021 - Edition No. Edition No. 149 (pdf) Message on inspiration for the New Year from our D.D.G.M. Proper protocol when speaking on international internet forums from the G.S. Policies on continued closures from the G.M. Functions of various G.L. committees and the email addresses of the chairs from the D.M. Outline of the January Forum from the Past Master's Association Protocol and Etiquette for walking on the Mosaic Pavement. also articles on the importance and history of the Masonic Handshake and the allegorical significance of labour as it refers to working together.
• Dec, 2020 - Edition No. 148 (pdf) Xmas message from D.D.G.M. based on Charles Dickens; Xmas message from G.M. based on the number of festivals of light during this season; Resources from the D.G.M. related to online masonic education meetings; Outline of the December District Forum; Protocol and Etiquette for announcing visitors; An archived lecture from R.W. Bro. Thomas R. Marshall on the spirit of Xmas; The meaning of Chanukah; A review of a new book by R. W. Bo. Lorne G. Evans on the Kings and Queens of England; Definition of the word assiduity.
View all Newsletter Archives